- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)42
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)23
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
Anna Mae Wright, 89, of South Roxana, Ill., died Tuesday, June 22, 2004, at Rosewood Care Center in Alton, Ill.
She was born April 20, 1915, in Miller City, Ill., daughter of Miles "Mide" and Venus Morning Star Waterman. She and Howard "Jack" Greenley were married in 1931. She later married Glenn Wright in 1956. Both preceded her in death.
Wright owned and operated Glenn's Motel in McClure, Ill.
Survivors include two daughters, Dixie Warren of South Roxana, Barbara Drury of East Alton, Ill.; two sons, Fred Greenley of Collinsville, Ill., Van Greenley of Troy, Ill.; a stepdaughter, Helen Oxford of Cape Girardeau; three stepsons, William "Dutch" and Glenn "Hunk" Wright, both of Cape Girardeau, and Eddie Wright of California.
Also surviving is a brother, Harley Waterman of Fairview Heights, Ill.; two sisters, Nellie Volner of Sappington, Mo., Rhea Sanford of Canyon, Texas; 10 grandchildren; 23 great-grandchildren; and five great-great-grandchildren.
She was preceded in death by a grandson, four brothers and two sisters.
Friends may call at Paynic Home for Funerals in East Alton from 4 to 8 p.m. Thursday.
The funeral will be at 11 a.m. Friday at the funeral home, with the Revs. Jerry Smith and Carl Hester officiating. Burial will be in Wanda Cemetery in South Roxana.