- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)47
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)42
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
Mo. police detain 250 illegal immigrants in 9 months
JEFFERSON CITY, Mo. (AP) -- The Missouri State Highway Patrol has identified 250 illegal immigrants since last summer.
Gov. Matt Blunt ordered the patrol to check the immigration status of those whom they arrest. From Aug. 27 through the end of last week, the patrol says it identified 250 illegal immigrants from among the people it arrested.
The patrol also is sending 10 troopers next month to get special immigration training through the Department of Homeland Security. A spokesman for the patrol says the focus of that training will likely be designed to be more efficient when troopers find illegal immigrants on the roadways.