- Cape teacher accused of assaulting student at football game (10/23/16)41
- Pedestrian killed during traffic collision on I-55 (10/23/16)9
- Scott County Sheriff Rick Walter faces challenge from criminal investigator Wes Drury (10/21/16)8
- Shooting injures two people in Cape early Tuesday (10/19/16)34
- 18-year-old killed in one-car crash Thursday morning (10/21/16)1
- Man arrested after dispute at school spurs brief lockdown (10/21/16)6
- 'I feel for them' (10/20/16)1
- Hundreds turn out for VintageNOW fundraiser (10/23/16)3
- Crews are working on the new Drury Hotel (10/21/16)4
- Benton man accused of statutory rape, selling pot (10/20/16)1
Mo. police detain 250 illegal immigrants in 9 months
JEFFERSON CITY, Mo. (AP) -- The Missouri State Highway Patrol has identified 250 illegal immigrants since last summer.
Gov. Matt Blunt ordered the patrol to check the immigration status of those whom they arrest. From Aug. 27 through the end of last week, the patrol says it identified 250 illegal immigrants from among the people it arrested.
The patrol also is sending 10 troopers next month to get special immigration training through the Department of Homeland Security. A spokesman for the patrol says the focus of that training will likely be designed to be more efficient when troopers find illegal immigrants on the roadways.