- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)38
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Man accused of pointing BB gun at Chaffee resident (04/26/16)2
Ardray "Toots" Williams, 92, of Jackson died Sunday, June 20, 2004, at Monticello House.
He was born July 7, 1911, at Whitewater, son of Monroe and Helen Huffman Williams. He first married Beulah Hosea. He and Rose Helm were married March 31, 1974. She died June 13, 1999.
Williams had farmed, worked many years at Straightway Farm Service in Jackson and worked part time for Rhodes convenience stores, retiring in 1994.
He attended First General Baptist Church in Jackson. He was a former member of Masonic Lodge at Marble Hill, Mo., and of Bethlehem General Baptist Church at Crump.
Survivors include a daughter, Betty Wills of Jackson; two stepsons, Richard Holekamp Jr. of Jackson, Don Holekamp of Nashville, Tenn.; a stepdaughter, Margie Fowler of Cape Girardeau; two stepbrothers, Lentice Abernathy of Whitewater, Gene Abernathy of Arkansas; two stepsisters, Olline Brown of Jackson, Loudean Case of Fredericktown, Mo.; seven grandchildren; seven great-grandchildren; five great-great-grandchildren; two stepgrandchildren; and a great-stepgrandchild.
He was preceded in death by a son, three brothers and two stepbrothers.
Friends may call at McCombs Funeral Home in Jackson from 4 to 8 p.m. today.
The funeral will be at 11 a.m. Wednesday at the funeral home, with the Revs. Mike Huffman and Luther Rhodes officiating. Burial will be in Russell Heights Cemetery at Jackson.