- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)48
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says copsí good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Hopper Road to close for months during construction of Veterans Drive (04/27/16)9
Marie Heider Neal, 87, of Cape Girardeau died Saturday, June 19, 2004, at the Lutheran Home.
She was born Nov. 13, 1916, in St. Louis, daughter of William A. and Margaret Mayer Johnson. She and Earl L. Heider were married July 27, 1935. He died Oct. 10, 1962. She and James O. Neal were married June 24, 1963. He died May 23, 2002.
Neal lived in Salem, Mo., from 1967 to 2002. She was a member of St. Mark Lutheran Church in Cape Girardeau.
Survivors include a son, Bill Heider of Cape Girardeau; a daughter, Audrey Richter of New Wells, Mo.; a brother, Earl Johnson of St. Louis; six sisters, Francis Morelock and Bertha Turner of St. Louis, Loretta Washburn of Columbia, Ill., Margaret Stroup and Ethel Zimmerly of Hillsboro, Mo., Ida Stilwell of St. Ann, Mo.; three grandchildren; and five great-grandchildren.
She was preceded in death by two brothers and two sisters.
Friends may call today from 10 a.m. until time of service at McCombs Funeral Home in Cape Girardeau.
The funeral will be at 2 p.m. today at the funeral home, with the Rev. Robert Klein officiating. Burial will be in Cape County Memorial Park.