- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)48
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says copsí good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
People on the move 5/12/08
Martin inducted for second term
Liz Martin, materials management director at Southeast Missouri Hospital in Cape Girardeau, was inducted April 25 to her second term as the president of the Missouri Association of Healthcare Purchasing and Materials Management, a membership group of the Missouri Hospital Association. Martin previously was president of the group from 1999 to 2000. An employee of Southeast Missouri Hospital for 29 years, she has been the area representative on the association board for several years.
Society honors Cooley for continuing ed
The Missouri Hearing Society presented a Gold Award to Joyce Hill Cooley, a hearing instrument specialist with Miracle Ear Centers in Perryville, Mo., for completing 28 hours of continuing education. The award was presented at a society educational conference in St. Louis.
Real estate agent completes Realtors course
Broker James Cox of Realty Executives of Cape County completed a National Association of Realtors course in obtaining and servicing listings. The course is a requirement for obtaining the designation of certified residential specialist and covers numerous real estate techniques.
Stafford completes insurance program
Modern Woodmen representative Jimmy Stafford completed an educational program at the company's home office in Rock Island, Ill. The program focused on comprehensive financial services, with an emphasis on the affect of inflation and Social Security benefits on retirement plans.
— From staff reports