- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Ray's of Kelso, Plaza by Ray's to change ownership; Fonn to buy enterprise (04/20/16)3
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
Lambert guard fired, 2 suspended after airport breaches
ST. LOUIS (AP) -- One guard is fired and two others are suspended at Lambert Airport in St. Louis after two security breaches this week.
The guard was fired after an incident Tuesday in which a woman exited a secured area, then realized she left her purse inside the terminal. The guard allowed her to re-enter but then realized it was a violation of policy, prompting a security sweep of the concourse.
Workers on Wednesday morning found a man sleeping in an empty commuter jet during a preflight security check. He was taken into police custody. Two contracted security guards are suspended while their employer investigates.
Information from: KSDK-TV, http://www.ksdk.com