- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)42
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
ANNA, Ill. -- Harry W. Wareing, 85, of Anna died Thursday, May 8, 2008, at Union County Hospital.
He was born Oct. 11, 1922, in Ware, Ill., son of William H. and Adella Luthy Wareing. He first married Rebecca Geraldine Dent, who preceded him in death. He and Barbara J. Ferguson were married Aug. 30, 1997, at Anna.
Wareing was retired from the U.S. Marines and U.S. Navy, serving more than 20 years during World War II and the Korean War.
He was a member of First Baptist Church and lifetime member of Carroll P. Foster VFW Post 3455.
Survivors include his wife; two daughters, Rebecca Pind of Jonesboro, Ill., Robin Jackson of Dongola, Ill.; a stepdaughter, Elise Lanier of Newbern, N.C.; a brother, Paul Wareing of Thebes, Ill.; a sister, Martha Steinborn of Florissant, Mo.; six grandchildren; eight great-grandchildren; three stepgrandchildren; five great-stepgrandchildren; and four great-great-stepgrandchildren.
He was preceded in death by two brothers and five sisters.
Visitation will be from 5 to 8 p.m. Monday at Rendleman and Hileman Funeral Home in Anna.
The funeral will be at 10:30 a.m. Tuesday at the funeral home, with the Rev. Clifford Belcher officiating. Burial will be in Jonesboro Cemetery with military honors conducted by VFW Post 3455.