- Feds ask judge to impose $6.5 million punishment for Cape surgeon (12/7/17)9
- Harbor Freight Tools plans to move ahead with Cape Girardeau store (12/5/17)2
- Light and music show: Jackson family goes high-tech with Christmas display (12/11/17)
- Former Wimpy's Drive-In owner Freeman Lewis dies (12/9/17)2
- Makeover at the movies: Transformation complete inside Cape theater (12/8/17)4
- Sugarfire Cape barbecue restaurant to open June 2018 (12/7/17)
- Jury convicts Scott City man who confessed to murder; girlfriend's testimony corroborates confession (12/9/17)
- Pedestrian struck on Broadway (12/11/17)4
- Business Notebook: Yule Log Cabin gets home feel honestly (12/4/17)
- Fruitland Army veteran spends weeks helping in ravaged Puerto Rico (12/5/17)2
Lockdown message was a prank
To the editor:
I would like for the parents of students in the Delta School District to know that there was a prank phone-texting Thursday at 2:28 p.m. saying that the school was on lockdown due to a shooting.
This was very upsetting to me. A girl stole my daughter's cell phone out of her purse at school and texted my phone while I was at work. I want everyone to understand how upset I was and that my husband left work early to rush to Delta High School to see what was going on.
I hope that the administration at the high school will take responsibility and punish this student as needed. This is not something to joke around with. I take school shootings very seriously, as they could happen at anytime.
CARLA PERRY, Delta