- Golden Corral coming to Cape; may hire 100 workers (7/21/16)8
- Arrest warrants filed for six drug suspects in Cape (7/19/16)6
- Area groups working together to reintroduce elk in Missouri (7/18/16)1
- Suspect in downtown Cape shooting ID'd in court (7/20/16)2
- Prosecutor says shooting by state trooper was justified (7/24/16)13
- Pincksten's newest renovation project: 328 S. Spanish St. (7/17/16)6
- Trooper-involved homicide case rests in prosecutor's hands (7/17/16)15
- Hastings in Cape closing (7/22/16)5
- Jackson's former police dog euthanized Monday (7/21/16)1
- 'I want to see how far I can go' (7/21/16)2
Lockdown message was a prank
To the editor:
I would like for the parents of students in the Delta School District to know that there was a prank phone-texting Thursday at 2:28 p.m. saying that the school was on lockdown due to a shooting.
This was very upsetting to me. A girl stole my daughter's cell phone out of her purse at school and texted my phone while I was at work. I want everyone to understand how upset I was and that my husband left work early to rush to Delta High School to see what was going on.
I hope that the administration at the high school will take responsibility and punish this student as needed. This is not something to joke around with. I take school shootings very seriously, as they could happen at anytime.
CARLA PERRY, Delta