- Woman's post about 'Back the Blue' sign in Jackson coffee shop prompts firing from nearby bar (8/15/17)11
- Scott City man dies in motorcycle crash near Millersville (8/13/17)
- How to save a life: Lifeguards resuscitated young girl at Cape Splash (8/17/17)2
- Stoogefest headliner cancels, cites NAACP travel advisory in Missouri (8/15/17)2
- Councilman: Scott City mayor, city administrator resigned (8/15/17)4
- Teen convicted of shooting area woman in 2015 (8/13/17)
- Woman dies in house fire in Cape Girardeau County (8/16/17)
- Scott City school chief gets raise, while some teachers don't (8/17/17)6
- Man accused of making terror threats against dental office (8/13/17)
- Chaffee man charged with attempting to have ex-wife killed (8/20/17)3
Lockdown message was a prank
To the editor:
I would like for the parents of students in the Delta School District to know that there was a prank phone-texting Thursday at 2:28 p.m. saying that the school was on lockdown due to a shooting.
This was very upsetting to me. A girl stole my daughter's cell phone out of her purse at school and texted my phone while I was at work. I want everyone to understand how upset I was and that my husband left work early to rush to Delta High School to see what was going on.
I hope that the administration at the high school will take responsibility and punish this student as needed. This is not something to joke around with. I take school shootings very seriously, as they could happen at anytime.
CARLA PERRY, Delta