- Cape teacher accused of assaulting student at football game (10/23/16)34
- Pedestrian killed during traffic collision on I-55 (10/23/16)8
- Scott County Sheriff Rick Walter faces challenge from criminal investigator Wes Drury (10/21/16)8
- Shooting injures two people in Cape early Tuesday (10/19/16)34
- 18-year-old killed in one-car crash Thursday morning (10/21/16)1
- Man arrested after dispute at school spurs brief lockdown (10/21/16)6
- 'I feel for them' (10/20/16)1
- Perry County: A great place to find home away from home (10/14/16)
- Hundreds turn out for VintageNOW fundraiser (10/23/16)3
- Crews are working on the new Drury Hotel (10/21/16)4
Lockdown message was a prank
To the editor:
I would like for the parents of students in the Delta School District to know that there was a prank phone-texting Thursday at 2:28 p.m. saying that the school was on lockdown due to a shooting.
This was very upsetting to me. A girl stole my daughter's cell phone out of her purse at school and texted my phone while I was at work. I want everyone to understand how upset I was and that my husband left work early to rush to Delta High School to see what was going on.
I hope that the administration at the high school will take responsibility and punish this student as needed. This is not something to joke around with. I take school shootings very seriously, as they could happen at anytime.
CARLA PERRY, Delta