- Longtime downtown Cape bartender Marcellus Jones remembered by friends (6/12/18)2
- Stormy Daniels to visit East Cape Girardeau (6/13/18)20
- Peter Kinder resigns federal agency post, concludes position unnecessary and waste of tax dollars (6/16/18)2
- Singer Neal Boyd dies after struggle with health issues (6/12/18)1
- Cape man charged with stabbing, killing dog for revenge (6/8/18)9
- Feeding deer in Bollinger, Cape and Perry counties prohibited soon to help curb spread of CWD (6/13/18)7
- Couple charged in beating death at Brick's (6/13/18)
- 'All Nite Skate' filming in Jackson this weekend (6/8/18)
- New Zaxby's restaurant open in Cape (6/13/18)3
- New urban dance studio opens on Broadway (6/15/18)2
Lockdown message was a prank
To the editor:
I would like for the parents of students in the Delta School District to know that there was a prank phone-texting Thursday at 2:28 p.m. saying that the school was on lockdown due to a shooting.
This was very upsetting to me. A girl stole my daughter's cell phone out of her purse at school and texted my phone while I was at work. I want everyone to understand how upset I was and that my husband left work early to rush to Delta High School to see what was going on.
I hope that the administration at the high school will take responsibility and punish this student as needed. This is not something to joke around with. I take school shootings very seriously, as they could happen at anytime.
CARLA PERRY, Delta