- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)7
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)38
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Man accused of pointing BB gun at Chaffee resident (04/26/16)2
Enderle wins bass tournament on Ohio River
Rodney Enderle of Jackson won the Bass Busters of Southeast Missouri bass tournament the weekend of June 12 and 13 on the Smithland Pool of the Ohio River at Galconda, Ill.
With windy and rainy conditions, Enderle managed to cull six fish on his way to a solid limit of 2-pound-plus fish, including the 3-pound 12-ounce big bass for the tournament.
The main river was muddy and swift so Enderle focused his efforts in the clear creeks. He caught all his fish throwing a small profile 3/8-ounce White and blue War Eagle spinnerbait with a medium action 6-foot-6 Kistler Helium Rod. The fish were holding behind standing timber on the channel breaks just out of the current flow.
Chris Joiner, also of Jackson, took second place for the bag of fish he caught using a Baby Brush Hog. His color of choice was June Bug.
Joiner caught his fish within casting distance of Enderle.