- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)49
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Neighbors mystified over why man was killed by state trooper (05/03/16)22
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- 'American Pickers' visits Poplar Bluff (04/29/16)
People on the move 06/21/04
New Cape doctor starts work July 1
Adam S. Morgan has recently announced that he will join doctors D. Curtis Coonce and Richard A. Martin at their practice at 18 Doctors' Park. Morgan comes to Cape Girardeau after completing a year as chief resident of the otolaryngology -- head and neck -- surgery department at the University of Kansas Medical Center. He will be accepting new patient appointments as of July 1.
Perryville woman becomes CPA in CapePerryville native Sarah Berkbigler of Hillin and Clark, PC recently met the requirements to become a licensed CPA in Missouri. She has an accounting degree from Southeast Missouri State University, and she passed her CPA exam in May 2003.
Cape man graduates truck driving school
Michael Fischer of Cape Girardeau recently graduated from Southern Missouri Truck Driving School in Malden, Mo. He completed the course with a 94 percent grade point average.
Weinhold receives insurance agent award
Cape Girardeau AAA sales agent Janice Weinhold recently received the Gold Seal Award from the corporation for 2003. The award recognizes her for consistent and superior standards of performance in property and casualty insurance services. She has been an agent since 1993.
First State Community Bank names new VP
First State Community Bank recently announced that Henry Holyfield has joined the Cape Girardeau bank as its new vice president. He has been in the business for over 25 years.
CPA attends convention; firm wins award
Melvin J. Van de Ven of Schott and Van de Ven, Certified Public Accountants in Cape Girardeau recently attended the Missouri Society of Certified Public Accountants annual convention. The conference covered topics concerning the economic forecast to help plan and budget for the future. Also at the event, Schott and Van de Ven was awarded the LEAP award for providing opportunities to students in the state.
Best Communications welcomes new employeesBest Communications, LLC in Cape Girardeau recently announced four new members to its team: Roy Phillips, general manager; Emily Thatcher, customer care associate; Lance Gragg, account executive; and Amy Laubach, customer care associate.
-- From staff reports