- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)44
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)35
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
CHAFFEE, Mo. -- Fred Golightly, 83, of Chaffee died Friday, June 18, 2004, at Southeast Missouri Hospital.
He was born Jan. 16, 1921, in Chaffee, to the late Otto and Maude Doughty Golightly. He married Elizabeth "Betty" Allwood April 25, 1949.
He was a retired fleet mechanic with Central Food Packing Co. and a World War II veteran of the U.S. Navy. He was a member of First Baptist Church in Chafffee and VFW Post 3127.
Survivors include his wife; a son, Fred R. Golightly of San Ygnacio, Texas; a daughter, Susan Uhrhan of Chaffee; a sister, Frances Simpher of Delta; a brother, Harold "Hank" Golightly of Chaffee; a grandson, Rusty Golightly of Chaffee; two granddaughters, Richelle Halter of Chaffee and Vanessa Carlton of Evansville, Ind.
Also surviving are four great-grandchildren, Maeghan and Mitchell Halter of Chaffee and Tylor and Nykki Carlton of Evansville; and nieces and nephews.
He was preceded in death by a sister and two brothers.
Vistation will be at 4 p.m. today at Amick-Burnett Funeral Chapel in Chaffee. Funeral will be at 2 p.m. Monday at the funeral home, with the Rev. Marty Blakey officiating. Burial with full military rites will be in Union Park Cemetery in Chaffee.