- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)45
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)36
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
PERRYVILLE, Mo. -- Marie Aline Reiss, 94, died Thursday, June 17, 2004, at Perry County Nursing Home.
She was born Feb. 14, 1910, at Brewer, Mo., daughter of Kenrick and Sarah E. Brewer Layton. She and Thomas J. Reiss were married April 20, 1940, at Brewer. He died Sept. 14, 1987.
Reiss had worked at International Shoe Co. She was a member of Our Lady of Victory Catholic Church at Sereno, Mo., its Ladies Sodality and Knights of Columbus Auxiliary.
Survivors include two sons, Kenneth Reiss of Perryville, Larry Reiss of Chesterfield, Mo.; two daughters, Carolyn Kuchar of Chesterfield, Loretta Kladiva of Arnold, Mo.; two sisters, Beryl Moore of Brewer, Doris Nickelson of Hurdle Mills, N.C.; 13 grandchildren; and eight great-grandchildren.
She was preceded in death by a brother and four sisters.
Friends may call at Miller Family Funeral Home from 4 to 9 p.m. Sunday, and Monday from 6:30 to 9:30 a.m. Parish prayers will be at 7 p.m. Sunday, and the rosary will be recited at 9 a.m. Monday.
The funeral will be at 10 a.m. Monday at Our Lady of Victory Church, with the Rev. Tony Dattilo officiating. Burial will be in Mount Hope Cemetery.