- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)45
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)36
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
Roberta Louise "Patty" McDowell, 89, of Jackson died Thursday, June 17, 2004, at Monticello House.
She was born Feb. 7, 1915, at Shawneetown, daughter of Hugh Roy and Lulu Gladish Stevenson. She and Roy E. McDowell were married Oct. 12, 1935. He died Jan. 23, 1972.
McDowell was a graduate of the former Fruitland High School. She was a former member of Byrd Creek Neighborhood Club.
Survivors include a son, Joe McDowell of Fruitland; a daughter, Katherine Seabaugh of Jackson; a brother, John Stevenson of Denair, Calif., twin brother, Robert Stevenson of Jacksonville, Fla.; four grandchildren; four great-grandchildren; and a great-great-grandson.
She was preceded in death by two brothers.
Friends may call at Cracraft-Miller Funeral Home from 4 to 8 p.m. Sunday.
The funeral will be at 10 a.m. Monday at the funeral home, with the Rev. Sam Roethemeyer officiating. Burial will be in Cape County Memorial Park in Cape Girardeau.