- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)41
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
Earl Obermann Jr.
CHAFFEE, Mo. -- Earl Leon Obermann Jr., 52, of Chaffee died Wednesday, June 16, 2004, in the emergency room at St. Francis Medical Center.
He was born July 19, 1951, in Cape Girardeau, son of Earl Leon and Virginia Marie Estes Obermann Sr. He and Linda Marie Foehr were married Oct. 28, 1981.
Obermann was a forklift operator at Dana Corp. in Cape Girardeau. He was a member of Elks Lodge 1810 in Chaffee and Eagles Aerie 4154 in Advance, Mo.
Survivors include his wife; two sons, Andy and Robert Obermann of Chaffee; two brothers, Terry and Larry Obermann of Dutchtown; three sisters, Brenda Carnell of Delta, Susan Reed of Dutchtown, Donna Davault of Advance; maternal grandmother, Marie Hinkle of Marble Hill, Mo.; and two grandchildren.
He was preceded in death by his parents.
The funeral will be at 2 p.m. today at Amick-Burnett Funeral Chapel in Chaffee, with the Rev. Tom Morris officiating. Burial will be in St. Ambrose Cemetery.