- Cape teacher accused of assaulting student at football game (10/23/16)41
- Pedestrian killed during traffic collision on I-55 (10/23/16)9
- Scott County Sheriff Rick Walter faces challenge from criminal investigator Wes Drury (10/21/16)9
- 18-year-old killed in one-car crash Thursday morning (10/21/16)1
- One issue reveals Clinton's character (10/25/16)17
- Man arrested after dispute at school spurs brief lockdown (10/21/16)6
- One victim IDs his attacker in shooting that killed woman (10/25/16)1
- 'I feel for them' (10/20/16)1
- Hundreds turn out for VintageNOW fundraiser (10/23/16)3
- R.P. Lumber chain buys Southeast Missouri Builders Supply in Cape (10/25/16)7
Floodwaters close part of U.S. 61 near Alexandria
ALEXANDRIA, Mo. (AP) -- Flooding forces closure of a section of U.S. 61 near the Missouri-Iowa border.
The flooding occurred near the convergence of the Mississippi and Des Moines rivers, forcing closure of a section of the highway near Alexandria, Mo., on Thursday.
Missouri Department of Transportation spokeswoman Marisa Brown says it is not yet known how long the road will be closed. Both rivers remain above flood stage.
Information from: Quincy (Ill.) Herald-Whig, www.whig.com.