- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Man accused of pointing BB gun at Chaffee resident (04/26/16)2
Floodwaters close part of U.S. 61 near Alexandria
ALEXANDRIA, Mo. (AP) -- Flooding forces closure of a section of U.S. 61 near the Missouri-Iowa border.
The flooding occurred near the convergence of the Mississippi and Des Moines rivers, forcing closure of a section of the highway near Alexandria, Mo., on Thursday.
Missouri Department of Transportation spokeswoman Marisa Brown says it is not yet known how long the road will be closed. Both rivers remain above flood stage.
Information from: Quincy (Ill.) Herald-Whig, www.whig.com.