- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)49
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Neighbors mystified over why man was killed by state trooper (05/03/16)20
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- 'American Pickers' visits Poplar Bluff (04/29/16)
Fire strikes SEMO Port Authority
Scott City and Cape Girardeau firefighters responded to a call around 6 a.m. today at the Southeast Missouri Port Authority at Scott City.
According to the Missouri State Highway Patrol, it was believed to be an ammonia fire with heavy smoke. No flames were showing as of 7 a.m.
The fire was concentrated at Girardeau Stevedores, but an exact point of origin isn't known at this time.
Check back here for further updates and read the story in Saturday's Southeast Missourian.