- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)45
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)37
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Man accused of pointing BB gun at Chaffee resident (04/26/16)2
Earl Obermann Jr.
CHAFFEE, Mo. -- Earl Leon Obermann Jr., 52, of Chaffee died Wednesday, June 16, 2004, in the emergency room at St. Francis Medical Center.
He was born July 19, 1951, in Cape Girardeau, son of Earl Leon and Virginia Marie Estes Sr. He and Linda Marie Foehr were married Oct. 28, 1981.
Obermann was a forklift operator at Dana Corp. in Cape Girardeau. He was a member of Elks Lodge 1810 in Chaffee, and Eagles Aerie 4154 in Advance, Mo.
Survivors include two sons, Andy and Robert Obermann of Chaffee; two brothers, Terry and Larry Obermann of Dutchtown; three sisters, Brenda Carnell of Delta, Susan Reed of Dutchtown, Donna Davault of Advance; maternal grandmother, Marie Hinkle of Marble Hill, Mo.; and two grandchildren.
He was preceded in death by his parents.
Friends may call at Amick-Burnett Funeral Chapel in Chaffee after 4 p.m. today.
The funeral will be at 2 p.m. Saturday at the chapel, with the Rev. Tom Morris officiating. Burial will be in St. Ambrose Cemetery