- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)42
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)23
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
Earless Pup Needs Home
A Cape Girardeau Animal Control officer picked up a five-month-old pit bull puppy that looks different from your average dog. The pup does not have any visible ears. Veterinarian Ann Seabaugh of LaCroix Pet Hospital examined the pup who was named Vinny by humane society staff. Seabaugh said she believes his ears were clipped off completely without anesthesia when he was probably just days old. The skin was then sewn over the opening to the ear, leaving him without ears. Seabaugh said that Vinny can still hear, but things just sound muffled to him.
This is considered mutilation of an animal and it is an illegal act. Any information regarding the breeder of this puppy can be given anonymously to The Humane Society of Southeast Missouri by calling 573-334-5837 or you may call the Cape Girardeau Police Department.
Cheryle Dillon, Director at The Humane Society, says that Vinny is a very friendly puppy. He gets along with people and other animals. Dillon said that Vinny does have a condition called Cherry Eye, which is the swelling of a gland in the eye. His eyes will be repaired with surgery and it should not affect his vision. Vinny is looking for a new home.