- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)49
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says copsí good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Hopper Road to close for months during construction of Veterans Drive (04/27/16)9
Community briefs 5/1/08
Walk for ALS will be held Saturday at Arena Park
A 5K walk to defeat Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis will begin at 10 a.m. Saturday at Arena Park. Registration is at 9 a.m. Call 888-873-8539 or visit www.alsa-stl.org for more information or registration.
Contra dance, lessons set for Saturday night
The Cape Friends of Traditional Music and Dance will hold a contra dance with beginner lessons from 6:45 to 7 p.m. and dance from 7 to 9 p.m. Saturday at Christ Episcopal Church, 101 N. Fountain St. in Cape Girardeau. There will be an admission discount for students. For more information, call John or Kathy Coffman at 334-4706, Judy Bradley at 334-5289 or John Boyd at 335-7315.
Cape Girardeau County Chapter of AARP meets
The Cape Girardeau County Chapter of AARP No. 4041 will meet at 1:30 p.m. Monday at Grace United Methodist Church, Broadway and Caruthers Avenue. The program is "CSI Lab: Fact or Fiction?" presented by criminalist Pam Johnson, supervisor of the Missouri State Highway Patrol Crime Lab Troop E. There will be a drawing for a door prize.
— From staff reports