- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)36
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
Bertrand, Mo., man killed in tractor-trailer crash
PORTAGEVILLE, Mo. — A Bertrand, Mo., man died as the result of a single-vehicle accident while driving a tractor-trailer in New Madrid County on Tuesday afternoon.
The Missouri State Highway Patrol reports the accident occurred around 1:20 p.m. Tuesday in the northbound lanes of Interstate 55, two miles north of Portageville. The tractor trailer driven by Kevin M. Parr, 48, of Bertrand, ran off the right side of the road, then came back onto the road. The driver apparently overcorrected, overturning the vehicle which then slid off the right side of the road.
Parr was pronounced dead at the scene by New Madrid County Coroner Jimmy McSpadden.