- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)47
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)42
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
PATTON, Mo. -- George Guell, 73, of Patton died Tuesday, April 29, 2008, at Parkland Health Center in Farmington, Mo.
He was born Aug. 18, 1934, in Caledonia, Ill., son of Gilbert George and Vera Edgel Guell. He and Dardanell Rambow were married Jan. 4, 1969, in Rockford, Ill.
Guell was a former mayor of Poplar Grove, Ill., and had worked as a semitractor repair technician.
Survivors include his wife; a son, Sam Guell of Little Rock, Ark.; three daughters, Cynthia Walters of Percy, Ark., Charlene Hollingsworth of River Oaks, Texas, Kathy Smith of Littleton, Colo.; a stepson, David Waterstraat of Poplar Grove; two stepdaughters, Mary Moore and Sandra Deahn of Phoenix; two sisters, Joann Huffman and Linda Etes of Poplar Grove; nine grandchildren; five great-grandchildren; six stepgrandchildren; and five great-stepgrandchildren.
He was preceded in death by his parents and a stepson.
Visitation will be from 11 a.m. until time of service Saturday at Liley Funeral Home in Patton.
The funeral will be at 1 p.m. Saturday at the funeral home, with the Rev. Fred Ritter officiating. Private burial will be at a later date.