- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)48
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says copsí good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
Head to Memphis for a month of music, starting on Beale Street
If you want rap, rock, pop, country, hip hop, jazz or blues, head to the Bluff City this weekend.
The annual Memphis in May International festival begins this weekend with the Beale Street Music Festival in Memphis, Tenn.
Sheryl Crow, My Chemical Romance, Santana, Seether, O.A.R and The Black Crowes are only a few of the national names gracing the stages this year.
The three days of music in Tom Lee Park, just off Beale Street, kick off the annual festival, which highlights a different country and culture each year. For 2008, the country is Turkey.
Four stages and one blues tent span the river-front park and will host nearly a hundred bands over the course of Friday, Saturday and Sunday. Beale Street bars and restaurants will be open with that famous Memphis barbecue and booze and will have musical acts of their own performing.
For complete lineup and tickets, visit www.thebealestreetmusicfestival.com.
The Beale Street Music Festival is just the opening weekend. As part of the monthlong celebration, the World Championship Barbecue Cooking contest is May 15 to 17 with half a mile of barbecue tents, concerts and other vendors.
The celebration closes with the 2008 Memphis in May Sunset Symphony featuring the Four Tops. The Sunset Symphony will be May 24.