- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)49
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Hopper Road to close for months during construction of Veterans Drive (04/27/16)9
In federal court 5/1/08
The office of federal prosecutor Catherine Hanaway released the following item:
Name: Jimmie Reed Jr.
Residence: Cape Girardeau
Charge: Possession of 5 grams or more of methamphetamine with intent to distribute.
Summary: Reed admitted that he was arrested Dec. 28 on an outstanding warrant in Cape Girardeau. A vehicle search disclosed a half-ounce of methamphetamine, 5 ounces of marijuana and 18 Xanax pills. Reed admitted he had been about to deliver the drugs to another individual. A sentencing hearing is set for 1 p.m. July 28.
Sentence: Up to 40 years' imprisonment and a $2 million fine, with a supervised release of at least four years.