- Two men seriously hurt in crash near Fruitland (9/21/16)3
- Community helps Jackson family with two cases of muscular dystrophy (9/19/16)
- Perryville man arrested for alleged patronizing prostitution, harassment (9/23/16)6
- Eldorado Resorts to buy Isle of Capri Casinos (9/20/16)7
- Concealed-carry restrictions remain in Missouri despite new state law (9/18/16)22
- Video and evidence largely confirm trooper's claims in April traffic stop shooting (9/23/16)6
- Funeral procession of former Cape Girardeau police chief Henry H. Gerecke (9/22/16)17
- Cape man accused of attacking pregnant girlfriend (9/22/16)
- Poplar Bluff man accused of beating a grandmother to death with baseball bat (9/18/16)
- Cape man may lose eye after shovel beating, police say (9/25/16)2
In federal court 5/1/08
The office of federal prosecutor Catherine Hanaway released the following item:
Name: Jimmie Reed Jr.
Residence: Cape Girardeau
Charge: Possession of 5 grams or more of methamphetamine with intent to distribute.
Summary: Reed admitted that he was arrested Dec. 28 on an outstanding warrant in Cape Girardeau. A vehicle search disclosed a half-ounce of methamphetamine, 5 ounces of marijuana and 18 Xanax pills. Reed admitted he had been about to deliver the drugs to another individual. A sentencing hearing is set for 1 p.m. July 28.
Sentence: Up to 40 years' imprisonment and a $2 million fine, with a supervised release of at least four years.