- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)47
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
ANNA, Ill. -- Grace Elaine Rushing, 93, of Anna died Monday, April 28, 2008, at the Lutheran Home in Cape Girardeau.
She was born Feb. 16, 1915, in Anna, daughter of Harvey and Edna Kimmel Plott. She and Herrel E. Rushing were married Dec. 24,1933, in Anna. He died April 14, 1986.
Rushing was a 1932 graduate of Anna-Jonesboro High School. She was a retired Union County clerk. She was a member of Big Creek Baptist Church and Union County Homemakers. She was Union County Democratic chairwoman more than 25 years, and served as secretary of the 25th District Democratic Ladies Association.
Survivors include two grandchildren, Melissa Rushing and Adam Rushing of Anna; six great-grandchildren; and a great-great-grandchild.
She was preceded in death by a son, two sisters and a brother.
Visitation will be from 5 to 7 p.m. Friday at Rendleman and Hileman Funeral Home in Anna.
The funeral will be at 11 a.m. Saturday at the funeral home, with the Revs. David Plott and LaRue Parr officiating. Burial will be in Anna City Cemetery.