- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)49
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says copsí good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Hopper Road to close for months during construction of Veterans Drive (04/27/16)9
Oren O. "Bud" Campbell, 67, of Cape Girardeau died Wednesday, April 30, 2008, at Saint Francis Medical Center.
He was born July 13, 1940, in Decatur, Ill., son of Oren O. and Dorothy McGlade Campbell. He and June Blaylock were married Oct. 26, 1963, in Carbondale, Ill.
Campbell was an account representative at the Southeast Missourian 17 years. He also worked at Boatmen's Bank and at Wal-Mart Supercenter.
He served in the U.S. Army.
He was a member of American Legion Post 63, past member of Rotary Club, coached Little League baseball and was a member of the Writers Club at Wal-Mart.
He attended Southern Illinois University.
Survivors include his wife; two sons, Terry Campbell of Jackson, Bud Campbell of Marble Hill, Mo.; a brother, Bill Campbell of Decatur; two sisters, Judy Bagley of Decatur, Terri Napierski of Mt. Zion, Ill.; and five grandchildren.
He was preceded in death by his parents.
Friends may call from 5 to 8 p.m. today at Ford and Sons Mount Auburn Funeral Home.
Graveside service will be at 10 a.m. Friday at Cape County Memorial Park, with Jerry Wilson officiating. Military rites will be conducted by Missouri Honor Guard.