- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Man accused of pointing BB gun at Chaffee resident (04/26/16)2
Lincoln museum goes on the road
SPRINGFIELD, Ill. -- Abraham Lincoln is going on tour.
The Abraham Lincoln Presidential Library and Museum in Springfield will take its historical show on the road to help celebrate the 16th president's 200th birthday.
The library is home to the world's largest collection of Lincoln documents and artifacts.
The mobile tour will have scaled-down exhibits and replicas of documents and artifacts. Some of the exhibits will focus on Lincoln's assassination and the 1860 election.
Tour stops include both the Democratic and Republican national conventions. The tour ends in August 2010.
The bicentennial of Lincoln's birth is Feb. 12, 2009. But celebrations start this year and continue through 2010.