- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)38
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Man accused of pointing BB gun at Chaffee resident (04/26/16)2
DEXTER, Mo. -- Elizabeth Ann Wood, 63, of Dexter died Sunday, April 27, 2008, at her home.
She was born July 7, 1944, at Flint, Mich.
Wood was a member of the Lighthouse Christian Center in Dexter, had attended Bethany Baptist Church near Bernie, Mo., and was a former LPN in Dexter, Bloomfield, Mo., and Bernie.
Survivors include a son, Kent Mekan of Bernie; a daughter, Lisa Silvey of Scott City; three sisters, Donna Young of Dexter, Betty Lindley of Eureka, Mo., and Barb Spitzer of Bernie; two grandchildren; and five great-grandchildren.
Friends may call from 10 a.m. to noon Thursday at Rainey-Mathis Funeral Home in Bernie.
The funeral will be at noon Thursday at the funeral home, with the Rev. Bryan Johnson officiating. Burial will be in Malden Memorial Park Cemetery.