- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)49
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says copsí good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Hopper Road to close for months during construction of Veterans Drive (04/27/16)9
PATTON, Mo. -- John Henry Brotherton, 77, of Patton died Wednesday, June 16, 2004, at his home.
He was born Nov. 21, 1926, at Patton, son of Pink and Rella Seabaugh Brotherton. He and Vena Lou Green were married June 30, 1947. She died June 26, 1982.
Brotherton had been a bricklayer. He was a member of Post Oak Congregational Methodist Church.
He was a U.S. Army veteran of World War II.
Survivors include three sons, Sam Brotherton of Patton, Ted Brotherton of Dallas, Texas, Scott Brotherton of Cincinnati, Ohio; a daughter, Padget Haman of Cape Girardeau; a brother, Cecil Brotherton of Jackson; two sisters, Daisy Hahs of St. Louis, Helen Cook of Cape Girardeau; six grandchildren; and six great-grandchildren.
He was preceded in death by four brothers and four sisters.
Friends may call at Liley Funeral Home in Patton from 4 to 8 p.m. today.
The funeral will be at 1 p.m. Friday at the funeral home, with the Revs. Eddie Long and Joe Wilfong officiating. Burial will be in Patton Cemetery with full military honors by Missouri Military Honors Team.