- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)44
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)35
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
ADVANCE, Mo. -- Nina Joan "Joann" Massey, 65, of Advance died Wednesday, June 16, 2004, at Advance Nursing Center.
She was born Oct. 3, 1938, at Greenbrier, Mo., daughter of Wiley and Pearline Cato Massey. She was raised as a daughter by Floyd Kassinger.
Massey was the first patient at the nursing center. She was a member of Bethel General Baptist Church.
Survivors include three sisters, Darlen Acord of Patton, Mo., Frieda Kassinger of Iowa City, Iowa, and Helen Rollins of Zalma, Mo.
She was preceded in death by two brothers and two sisters.
Friends may call at Morgan Funeral Home from 5 to 8 p.m. today.
The funeral will be at 11 a.m. Friday at the funeral home, with the Rev. Ray Placher officiating. Burial will be in Cato Cemetery at Arab, Mo.