- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)41
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)18
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
ST. CHARLES, Mo. — Bernice G. Wilson, 86, of St. Charles died Sunday, April 27, 2008, at Charlevoix Healthcare Center in St. Charles.
She was born Oct. 24, 1921, in Bollinger County, Mo., daughter of John and Emma Borders Richards.
Wilson retired from Vac-Tec in St. Louis. She was a member of the Church on the Rock in St. Charles.
She and James Woodfin were married in 1940. He preceded her in death. She later married Gene Wilson in 1946, and he also preceded her in death.
Survivors include two sons, Richard Wilson of St. Charles, Jim Woodfin of Advance, Mo.; two daughters, Faye King of St. Peters, Mo., Jackie Rose of St. Charles; two brothers, Clarence Richards of Olney, Ill., Leaman Richards of Creve Coeur, Mo.; two sisters; Melba Phillips of Greenfield, Ind., Effie Grishman of St. Louis; 11 grandchildren; and 14 great-grandchildren.
She was preceded in death by her parents, five brothers and three sisters.
Visitation will be from 5 to 8 p.m. today at Morgan Funeral Home in Advance.
The funeral will be at 1 p.m. Wednesday at the funeral home, with the Rev. Keith Price officiating. Burial will be in Balch Cemetery near Zalma, Mo.