- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Man accused of pointing BB gun at Chaffee resident (04/26/16)2
MARS, Mack back in action this weekend
The O'Reilly Mid America Racing Series ends a long hiatus this week with three events in three days in the bi-state region.
The series runs Friday night at Malden Speedway in Malden, Mo.; Saturday at West Plains Motor Speedaway in West Plains, Mo.; and Sunday night at Tri City Speedway in Granite City, Ill.
Joey Mack of Benton, Mo., stands 10th in the points race, which is topped by Wendell Wallace of Batesville, Ark.
Wallace has won two of the six features completed so far this year. Five races have been lost to rain.
The circuit has not raced since May 15 in Joplin, Mo.
The stop at Malden will be the lone stop at that track this season for the MARS circuit, which also will be making its first appearance at the Tri City Speedway.