- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)48
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says copsí good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
People talk 6/17/04
'Idol' host calls Cowell arrogant, pompous, friend
SINGAPORE -- Ryan Seacrest, the host of singing competition "American Idol," said judge Simon Cowell is arrogant and pompous and says things that are "too harsh," a report said Wednesday. But Seacrest added that Cowell was a good friend and the "most honest" of the show's three judges, in an interview with the Straits Times newspaper in Singapore, where a local version of the program is planned.
Dr. Dylan to be honored by Scottish university
ST. ANDREWS, Scotland -- Call him Dr. Tambourine Man. Scotland's oldest university announced Wednesday it was awarding an honorary doctorate to the laureate of folk-rock, Bob Dylan. The University of St. Andrews said Dylan would be made an honorary doctor of music at its June 23 summer graduation ceremony.
Country singer gets Harley gift from golfer
NASHVILLE, Tenn. -- Country singer Mark Wills got a gift from golfer John Daly, and it wasn't a set of clubs. Wills was in Little Rock, Ark., Monday to perform at a Daly fund raiser for the Make-A-Wish Foundation. One of the items up for auction was a silver-and-black, 100th anniversary model Harley-Davidson. Daly's $20,000 bid went to the charity, while Wills, a dirt biker in his younger days, went home with the Harley.
-- From wire reports