- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)45
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)36
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
Cape native wins awards at horse show
FULTON, Mo. -- William Woods University horses and riders, including one participant from Cape Girardeau, took home awards from the Missouri Horse Shows Association 2007 awards presentation, recently held in Columbia, Mo.
Morgan Williams of Cape Girardeau, an equestrian student at the university, was recognized for high point awards with her own horse.
She received Champion Training Level for Sahara's Raja and Champion 2nd level for Sahara's Starr. Williams also won Champion Amateur Adult.
Awards were based on the number of wins by horses during the 2007 show season at member area shows including the Missouri State Fair, the St. Louis National Charity Show and the American Royal, as well as shows in neighboring states.
William Woods University equestrian students showed the horses, and awards were won by each of the concentrations offered at the school: Saddle Seat, Hunter/Jumper, Western and Dressage.