- Jackson man to cast electoral vote for Trump; others trying to dissuade him (11/29/16)51
- Man killed by vehicle had been charged with domestic assault (11/30/16)
- Hotel chain president: City should regulate short-term lodging (11/27/16)16
- Former Cape council member dies, remembered as 'wonderful public servant' (11/29/16)1
- Woman accused in three robberies disguised herself as man (11/29/16)5
- Post-election taunts reported at Jackson schools (12/2/16)24
- Officers: Delta man dies during domestic dispute (11/28/16)1
- Business notebook: New store shows faith in Scott City district (11/28/16)
- Missouri chamber to honor Cape's John Mehner (11/30/16)6
- Men who pulled father, son from burning car near Naylor honored by highway patrol (12/1/16)
Eve Ercell Brant, 85, of Scott City died Friday, April 25, 2008, at the Lutheran Home in Cape Girardeau.
She was born Sept. 27, 1922, in Paris, Tenn., daughter of Jacob and Thelma McMunn Medlock. She and Elzie Lee Brant were married July 3, 1955, in Tunica, Miss.
Brant owned and operated Scott City Boarding Home. She was a member of Father's Arms Fellowship.
Survivors include her husband; a son, David Brant of Scott City; a daughter, Thelma Reef of Winfield, Mo.; seven grandchildren; 17 great-grandchildren; and seven great-great-grandchildren.
She was preceded in death by a son, two brothers, a grandchild and a great-grandchild.
Visitation will be from 5 to 8 p.m. Sunday at Amick-Burnett Funeral Chapel in Scott City.
The funeral will be at 11 a.m. Monday at the chapel, with the Rev. Ken Strong officiating. Burial will be in Lightner Memorial Cemetery.