- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)45
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)35
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
ADVANCE, Mo. -- Rose Lee Richards, 79, of Advance died Thursday, April 24, 2008, at Monticello House in Jackson.
She was born Aug. 31, 1928, at Sank, Mo., daughter of J.M. and Vallie Shell Null. She and Johnny Richards were married Feb. 19, 1949, in Piggott, Ark. He died Nov. 16, 2007.
Richards attended Balch Church in Gipsy, Mo.
Survivors include two sons, Lynn and Derek Richards of Advance; three daughters, Marilyn Kinworthy of Marion, Ill., Melody Loffland of Fort Worth, Texas, Dana Sullinger of Advance; a brother, Norman Null of St. Louis; two sisters, Opal Nall of Cape Girardeau, Hester Elliott of Advance; and eight grandchildren.
She was preceded in death by her parents, a brother and three sisters.
Visitation will be from 5 to 8 p.m. Sunday at Morgan Funeral Home.
The funeral will be at 11 a.m. Monday at the funeral home, with the Rev. Norman Elledge officiating. Burial will be in Balch Cemetery at Gipsy.