- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)47
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)42
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
In loving memory, we celebrate the life of Ronald James Soehlig, 61, of Pekin, Ill., who passed away May 25, 2004.
A memorial service was held June 4, 2004, at South Pekin General Baptist Church in Pekin.
Ronnie was born Aug. 4, 1942, in Albuquerque, N.M., son of Floyd J. and Rosemary Schlegel Soehlig of Jacksonville, Fla.
Other survivors include his wife, Faye, of Pekin; a son, Scott J. Soehlig of Jamestown, N.C.; a brother and sister-in-law, Reggie and Paula Soehlig; a sister and brother-in-law, Stephanie and Sam Davis; a nephew, Ryan Soehlig, all of Jacksonville; many aunts, uncles and cousins of Cape Girardeau, Oran, St. Louis, Tempe, Ariz., Evansville, Ind.; and extended family members and many friends of Pekin.
Ronnie was an Air Force veteran.