- Cape teacher accused of assaulting student at football game (10/23/16)41
- Pedestrian killed during traffic collision on I-55 (10/23/16)9
- Scott County Sheriff Rick Walter faces challenge from criminal investigator Wes Drury (10/21/16)8
- Shooting injures two people in Cape early Tuesday (10/19/16)34
- 18-year-old killed in one-car crash Thursday morning (10/21/16)1
- Man arrested after dispute at school spurs brief lockdown (10/21/16)6
- 'I feel for them' (10/20/16)1
- Hundreds turn out for VintageNOW fundraiser (10/23/16)3
- Crews are working on the new Drury Hotel (10/21/16)4
- Benton man accused of statutory rape, selling pot (10/20/16)1
MOUNDS, Ill. -- Herbert L. Hayden, 96, of Mounds died Thurs¿day, April 24, 2008, at Parkway Regional Hospital in Fulton, Ky.
He was born Aug. 28, 1911, in Pulaski County, Ill., son of Ernliegh and Mildred Kay Fuller Hayden. He first married Joyce Goza, who died Sept. 10, 1991. He later married Margie Wallace.
Hayden was a farmer with the Hayden Farm near Mounds.
Survivors include his wife; a son, Franklin Hayden of South Fulton, Tenn.; two stepsons; a stepsister, Irene Day of Lincoln, Ill.; eight grandchildren; and seven great-grandchildren.
He was preceded in death by a daughter, two grandsons and two brothers.
Visitation will be from 11 a.m. to service time Saturday at Jones Funeral Home in Villa Ridge, Ill.
The funeral will be at 2 p.m. Saturday at the funeral home, with Dr. Larry Potts officiating. Burial will be in Green Lawn Memorial Gardens at Villa Ridge.