- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)31
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
MOUNDS, Ill. -- Herbert L. Hayden, 96, of Mounds died Thurs¿day, April 24, 2008, at Parkway Regional Hospital in Fulton, Ky.
He was born Aug. 28, 1911, in Pulaski County, Ill., son of Ernliegh and Mildred Kay Fuller Hayden. He first married Joyce Goza, who died Sept. 10, 1991. He later married Margie Wallace.
Hayden was a farmer with the Hayden Farm near Mounds.
Survivors include his wife; a son, Franklin Hayden of South Fulton, Tenn.; two stepsons; a stepsister, Irene Day of Lincoln, Ill.; eight grandchildren; and seven great-grandchildren.
He was preceded in death by a daughter, two grandsons and two brothers.
Visitation will be from 11 a.m. to service time Saturday at Jones Funeral Home in Villa Ridge, Ill.
The funeral will be at 2 p.m. Saturday at the funeral home, with Dr. Larry Potts officiating. Burial will be in Green Lawn Memorial Gardens at Villa Ridge.