- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)39
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Man accused of pointing BB gun at Chaffee resident (04/26/16)2
MORLEY, Mo. -- Shirley Hopkins, 73, died Tuesday, April 22, 2008, at Sikeston Convalescent Center in Sikeston, Mo.
She was born Feb. 11, 1935, in Osceola, Ark., daughter of Grady and Leabell Sanders. She and Carl David "Porky" Hopkins were married Dec. 31, 1950. He died Nov. 1, 2007.
Survivors include three daughters, LaVern Griffin and Brenda Chasteen of Sikeston, Teresa Tanner of Morley; her mother, Leabell Gross of Alexandria, Ind.; three brothers, Evert Gross of Marion, Ind., Al Gross of Round Top, Texas, Kenny Gross of Frankton, Ind.; four sisters, Flora Rushin, Grace Savage and Carla Schweitzer, all of Alexandria, and Diane Jones of Yorktown, Ind.; four grandchildren; and four great-grandchildren.
Friends may call from 5 to 8 p.m. today at Ponder Funeral Home in Sikeston.
The funeral will be at 10 a.m. Friday at the funeral home, with the Rev. Michael Coleman officiating. Burial will be in New Morley Cemetery at Morley.