- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)42
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
Oscar Stein, 77, of Cape Girardeau died Saturday, June 12, 2004, at Heartland Care Rehab Center.
He was born Jan. 3, 1927, in Cape Girardeau, son of Oscar C. and Bertha Gibson Stein. He and LaVerne Illers were married May 15, 1955, in Jackson. She died March 25, 1980.
Stein was a music teacher at Portageville and Scott County Central high schools, and later was a caseworker with Missouri Department of Social Services.
He served in the U.S. Army from 1945 to 1946, and in the U.S. Air Force from 1953 to 1957.
Survivors include a daughter, Susan Budslick of Cape Girardeau; three sons, Dan Stein of Nantucket, Mass., Robert Stein of Jamul, Calif., Wesley Stein of St. Louis; four grandchildren; and two great-grandchildren.
He was preceded in death by his parents and three sisters.
There is no visitation.
A graveside service will be held at 10 a.m. Wednesday at Cape County Memorial Park. The Rev. Cy Smith will officiate.
Ford and Sons Funeral Home is in charge of arrangements.