- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)45
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)36
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
Lela Geraldine Anderson, 86, of Cape Girardeau died Monday, June 14, 2004, at Chateau Girardeau Health Center.
She was born Aug. 7, 1917, at Piedmont, Mo., daughter of Walter and Letha Powers Asberry. She and Carl A. Anderson were married Oct. 7, 1962, in St. Charles, Ill. He died in 1984.
Anderson lived in Waukegan and Gurnee, Ill., moving to Cape Girardeau in 1992. She had been a teller and instructor with First National Bank in Waukegan. She was a member of First Presbyterian Church in Cape Girardeau, and Order of Eastern Star in Waukegan.
Survivors include a nephew, Walter Wilson of Maryland Heights, Mo.
Friends may call at Ford and Sons Mount Auburn Funeral Home from 9 to 11 a.m. today.
The funeral will be at 11 a.m. today at the funeral home, with the Rev. Paul Kabo Jr. officiating. Graveside service will be at 3 p.m. today in Masonic Cemetery at Piedmont.