- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)47
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)42
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/01/16)
DONGOLA, Ill. -- Alva Marie Davis, 85, of Rockport, Ind., died Saturday, June 12, 2004, at the home of a daughter in Rockport.
She was born Oct. 27, 1918, at Perks, Ill., daughter of Herman and Virgie Miller Sowers. She was formerly of Dongola, Ill.
Davis was retired from Florsheim Shoe Co.
Survivors include two daughters, Donna Perdue of Rockport, Corolyn Davis of Cobden, Ill.; three sons, Bruce Davis of Birmingham, Ala., Gary Davis of Sandwich, Ill., David Davis of Chester, Ill.; a sister, Naomi Absher of Cape Girardeau; nine grandchildren; and 11 great-grandchildren.
She was preceded in death by a sister.
Friends may call at Lutz and Rendleman Funeral Home in Anna, Ill., from 5 to 8 p.m. today.
The funeral will be at 10 a.m. Wednesday at the funeral home, with the Revs. Clifton Lingle and Jim Hardaway officiating. Burial will be in Big Creek Cemetery near Anna.