- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)45
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)37
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
Harriet M. Weaver, 88, of Cape Girardeau died Monday, April 21, 2008, at Southeast Missouri Hospital.
She was born Aug. 19, 1919, at Carthage, Mo., daughter of Harry B. and Marie S. Schutt Smallfield. She and Clyde E. Mitchell were married Oct. 6, 1942, in Kansas City, Mo. He died Dec. 24, 1944. Later she married William Ronald Weaver July 7, 1951, in Kansas City. He died July 21, 2004.
Weaver was a claims authorizer 38 years with the Social Security Administration Kansas City, retiring in 1984.
She moved to Cape Girardeau in 1996 from Overland Park, Kan.
Survivors include a daughter, Claudia Weaver of Cape Girardeau; two sons, Dwight Weaver of Overland Park, Clyde Weaver of Pittsburgh, Pa.; seven grandchildren; and six great-grandchildren.
There is no local visitation or funeral.
Burial will be in Leavenworth National Cemetery in Leavenworth, Kan.
Ford and Sons Funeral Home is in charge of arrangements.