- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)7
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)38
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Man accused of pointing BB gun at Chaffee resident (04/26/16)2
ANNA, Ill. -- Walter McIntyre, 87, of Anna died Monday, April 21, 2008, at his farm.
He was born Sept. 25, 1920, in Thebes, Ill., to Edward and Anna Casey McIntyre. He and Virginia Mae Burns were married Aug. 23, 1947, in Olive Branch, Ill.
McIntyre was a gunner's mate third class in the U.S. Navy 36 months. He attended Thebes High School and was to be honored this year at the school reunion for naming the yearbook.
He and his wife owned and operated Mac and Jenny's Pizza on Main Street in Anna from 1963 to 1973. After returning from living in Florida they reopened it in 1988 with their son Wally, who still owns and operates the restaurant on Main Street.
He was a member of Carroll P. Foster VFW Post 3455 and Iron Workers Union in Chicago.
Survivors include his wife; five daughters, Deborah Braden of Cobden, Ill., Veronica Eaton of Anna, Mary Ann Graves of Paducah, Ky., Rhonda Canduis Hensley of Guyton, Ga., LaWanda Clutts of Collinsville, Ill.; a son, Walter McIntyre Jr of Anna; 11 grandchildren; and four great- grandchildren.
He was preceded in death by a brother.
Visitation will be from 10 a.m. to service time today at Crain Funeral Home in Anna.
The funeral will be held at noon today at the funeral home, with R.W. McAlister officiating. Interment will be in Christian Chapel Cemetery with full military honors by Carroll P. Foster VFW Post 3455. Wars.