- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Ray's of Kelso, Plaza by Ray's to change ownership; Fonn to buy enterprise (04/20/16)3
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Cape council approves nearly $1M in park, sculpture projects with little public discussion (04/22/16)37
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
Fundraiser set for Bald Knob Cross
ALTO PASS, Ill. (AP) -- A southern Illinois landmark is getting a little fundraising help.
A nonprofit group intent on restoring the eleven-story, 45-year-old Bald Knob Cross of Peace near Alto Pass will hold a fundraising walk on June 14th.
The group is called Friends of the Cross. Organizers hope to raise $40,000 from the walk for the landmark about 130 miles southeast of St. Louis.
Participants can take part in a five-mile walk down Bald Knob, or shorter ones depending on their physical ability.
Walkers each are asked to contribute at least $10 to get a T-shirt for the event.
Information from: (Carbondale) Southern Illinoisan, www.southernillinoisan.com