- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)48
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says copsí good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
ST. LOUIS -- Elizabeth L. Fesler, 85, of St. Louis died Wednesday, April 16, 2008, at Brook View Nursing Home in Maryland Heights, Mo.
She was born July 24, 1922, in St. Louis to the Rev. Carney C. and Elizabeth G. Ranney Fesler Sr.
Fesler was a graduate of Central High School and attended Southeast Missouri State University, both in Cape Girardeau. She furthered her education in St. Louis, becoming a registered laboratory technician.
She worked at City Hospital in St. Louis and then at Southeast Missouri Hospital and Saint Francis Medical Center in Cape Girardeau. She returned to St. Louis, retiring after 40 years as a laboratory technician at De Paul Medical Center in St. Louis County. She was of the Methodist belief.
Survivors include two brothers, Carney C. Fesler Jr. of Cape Girardeau, Harold E. Fesler of Houston; two nephews, Sherman Fesler of Orange, Calif., Douglas (Kathy) Fesler of Houston; two nieces, Martha Ann Fesler (Bill) Scott of West Des Moines, Iowa, Dana Fesler of Houston; a great-nephew, William Fesler of Houston; and a great-niece, Elizabeth Fesler of Houston.
A private family memorial service will be held at a later date.
Alexander Funeral Home in St. Ann, Mo., is in charge of arrangements.