- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Man accused of pointing BB gun at Chaffee resident (04/26/16)2
Missouri insurance chief gets new post
JEFFERSON CITY, Mo. (AP) -- Gov. Matt Blunt names his Insurance Department director to a panel that hears appeals of state agency regulatory decisions.
Insurance Department Director Doug Ommen (OH'-men) would replace June Doughty on the Administrative Hearing Commission. The appointment would run until 2014 if it is confirmed by the Senate.
Ommen has been the director of the Department of Insurance, Financial Institutions and Professional Registration since January, 2007. Before that, he was the department's deputy director.
Ommen, 50, also was the securities commissioner in Blunt's secretary of state office. He has a bachelor's degree from Rockhurst University and a law degree from St. Louis University.