- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)45
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)36
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
Community digest 4/21/08
Salvation Army holds Meals with Friends
The Salvation Army will serve Meals with Friends from 4:30 to 6 p.m. today to Friday at 701 Good Hope St. in Cape Girardeau. Supplies for this month's program, which can be dropped off at the Salvation Army, include large cans of fruit, egg noodles, spaghetti noodles, hot dogs, carryout trays, bowls, dessert plates, plasticware and napkins. Today's menu includes shepherd's pie, bread and butter, and fruit; Tuesday is spaghetti with sauce, corn, fruit, and bread and butter; Wednesday is turkey and noodles, green beans and fruit; Thursday is chili mac, corn, fruit, and bread and butter; Friday is hot dogs, chips and fruit. Each day will include cake or pie as a dessert option.
Historical Society plans annual banquet Friday
The Cape Girardeau County Historical Society will hold its spring banquet at 6:30 p.m. Friday at St. Paul Lutheran Church Fellowship Hall, 223 W. Adams St. in Jackson. The speaker is David Briggs of Southeast Missouri State University. For more information on joining the society, call 243-2251.
Car and Bike Show to be held in Perryville
Registration for the 15th annual Mayfest Car and Bike Show is from 9 a.m. to noon May 10, followed by judging and awards at 3 p.m. at the Knights of Columbus parking lot in Perryville, Mo. For more information, call Stan Balsman at 788-2590 or Rick Lang at 450-4760.
Cruise-ins scheduled throughout summer
Cars, trucks and motorcycles of all years are invited to a series of cruise-ins, with registration beginning at 5 p.m. May 17, June 21, July 19, Aug. 16 and Sept. 20, at the corner of highways 146 and 51. The first three entries are entitled to a free T-shirt. The top two entries of the night will receive awards, and door prizes will be given away. Pizza Hut will provide discounts for orders placed by participants. For more information, call Collin Crews at 618-697-2457 or Fred Crews at 618-534-5587.
Perkins School reunion planned for May 24
A reunion of all former Perkins School students, teachers and their families will be held May 24. A catered dinner will be held at noon in the Fire Hall. Attendees should bring pictures and school records. For more information, call planning committee members Kay Burlison at 573-794-2035, Millie Tropf at 573-733-4551, Donnie Pettit at 573-794-2786 or Melvin Hamm at 573-545-3928.
— From staff reports