- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)48
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says copsí good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Hopper Road to close for months during construction of Veterans Drive (04/27/16)9
People on the move 4/21/08
Monroe to supervise volunteers at vets home
The Missouri Veterans Home in Cape Girardeau announced that Debbie Monroe has been named supervisor of volunteer services. Monroe, a native of Millersville, was the director of development for the Carl Perkins Center for the Prevention of Child Abuse in Tennessee. Since returning to Missouri, she has had various positions, including regional director of the American Heart Association.
Kunz honored for commitment to quality
Missouri Enterprise project manager John Kunz of Cape Girardeau was awarded the American Society of Quality's Certified Six Sigma Black Belt, recognizing an understanding of and commitment to quality techniques and practices. Missouri Enterprise operates seven offices in the state, including one at the Southeast Missouri State Innovation Center, to provide business and technical assistance to businesses.
Reitman made executive chef at Chartwells
Chartwells Dining and Catering Services at Southeast Missouri State University has named Michael Reitman as executive chef. Reitman is a member of the American Culinary Federation and former executive chef of the Saffire Restaurant in Franklin, Tenn.
Kincaid named employee of the month
Priscilla Kincaid, a probation and parole officer for District 22 in Cape Girardeau, was named the Missouri Department of Corrections employee of the month. Kincaid is being recognized for assisting a victim of domestic violence who arrived at a local law enforcement facility needing emergency medical and police help. Kincaid helped calm the victim, summon additional help and keep the victim safe. She has been with the department for 16 years.
Burke, Weinhold make AAA President's Club
Two sales agents at AAA Missouri's Cape Girardeau office, Jim Burke and Janice Weinhold, were recognized as members of the AAA President's Club.
The award recognizes superior standards of performance and meeting sales and service goals. Weinhold has been an AAA sales agent since 1993. Burke has been an AAA sales agent since 1986.
— From staff reports
People on the Move items must be received by 5 p.m. Thursday to appear on Monday. Submit items to firstname.lastname@example.org, by fax at (573) 334-7288 or by mail to P.O. Box 699, Cape Girardeau, Mo., 63702.