- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)49
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Neighbors mystified over why man was killed by state trooper (05/03/16)22
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- 'American Pickers' visits Poplar Bluff (04/29/16)
Female wins race in downtown Long Beach
LONG BEACH, Calif. -- Simona De Silvestro, the only woman in the 23-car field for Sunday's Atlantics Championship season opener, earned her first win in the Champ Car developmental series.
Less than 24 hours after Danica Patrick became the first woman to win an IndyCar race, the 19-year-old De Silvestro joined Katherine Legge as the only female winners in Atlantics.
"Danica wins, I win, it's a perfect weekend," the Swiss driver said.
De Silvestro's best previous finish in 12 Atlantic starts was seventh. Sunday's 38-lap event was raced on the streets of downtown Long Beach.