- Cape teacher accused of assaulting student at football game (10/23/16)41
- Pedestrian killed during traffic collision on I-55 (10/23/16)9
- Scott County Sheriff Rick Walter faces challenge from criminal investigator Wes Drury (10/21/16)9
- 18-year-old killed in one-car crash Thursday morning (10/21/16)1
- One issue reveals Clinton's character (10/25/16)18
- Man arrested after dispute at school spurs brief lockdown (10/21/16)6
- One victim IDs his attacker in shooting that killed woman (10/25/16)1
- 'I feel for them' (10/20/16)1
- Hundreds turn out for VintageNOW fundraiser (10/23/16)3
- R.P. Lumber chain buys Southeast Missouri Builders Supply in Cape (10/25/16)7
Female wins race in downtown Long Beach
LONG BEACH, Calif. -- Simona De Silvestro, the only woman in the 23-car field for Sunday's Atlantics Championship season opener, earned her first win in the Champ Car developmental series.
Less than 24 hours after Danica Patrick became the first woman to win an IndyCar race, the 19-year-old De Silvestro joined Katherine Legge as the only female winners in Atlantics.
"Danica wins, I win, it's a perfect weekend," the Swiss driver said.
De Silvestro's best previous finish in 12 Atlantic starts was seventh. Sunday's 38-lap event was raced on the streets of downtown Long Beach.