- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Man accused of pointing BB gun at Chaffee resident (04/26/16)2
Notre Dame captures crown at Wood Bat tournament
The Notre Dame High School baseball team had little trouble winning the Mississippi County Wood Bat tournament in Charleston.
Notre Dame routed host Charleston 11-1 in five innings in Sunday's final, after the Bulldogs ripped East Prairie 10-0 in five innings the previous day.
Dylan Drury pitched a three-hitter for the Bulldogs (9-5), who have won three straight. Drury struck out 11 and walked one.
Drury, Austin Greer and Aaron Tomaszewski each had two of Notre Dame's 12 hits.
"We had a good weekend," Notre Dame coach Jeff Graviett said. "Our pitchers threw well."
Trailing 1-0, the Bulldogs went ahead for good with a six-run fourth inning. They added five in the fifth to prevail by the 10-run rule.
Notre Dame 11, Charleston 1, 5 inn.
WP — Dylan Drury. LP — Miller. 3B — Drury (ND). Multiple hits — Notre Dame, Drury 2-3, Austin Greer 2-2, Aaron Tomaszewski 2-2; Charleston, Smith 2-2. Records — Notre Dame 9-5.